GO2bank1 is a great way for clients to receive their tax refund. It helps you too, by eliminating time spent printing and issuing checks. Now, there’s no card stock for you to manage!
How to offer GO2bank to your clients
Here's how you can offer GO2bank in your tax practice.
- Display the table tent instructions - have clients scan the QR code with their phone’s camera to access the GO2bank website. They must use this QR code to be identified as your client.
- Clients open a GO2bank account by following an easy signup process which is completed in minutes. Once approved, they can install the GO2bank app and log in while you complete the tax return.
- Request bank account information from clients when prompted in your tax software, and select the GO2bank disbursement option. Ask clients to open the app, select “Menu” and tap “Routing and account numbers” to find their bank account information.
- Update the tax return by adding this bank account information to your client’s tax return and transmit the return. Clients can set up notifications in the GO2bank app so they know when deposits are received.
- There is no card stock to manage - taxpayers open an account online. A personalized, chip-enabled card is mailed to your clients and will arrive in 7-10 days.
- QR code - taxpayers must scan the QR code we provided which links to this web address to be identified as your client. If you offer Fast Cash Advance this is required to receive the $39.95 incentive.2
- Save time - have clients apply for a GO2bank account while you prepare the return so they have their bank account information before you need to enter it on their return.
- Accurate info - make sure clients enter the same name used on their tax return, their correct mailing address and contact information so they can access their account and receive their personalized card in the mail.
- Not just for pay-by-refund clients - anyone can apply for a GO2bank account here. It’s not just for clients using a pay-by-refund product.
1 GO2bank cards are issued by GO2bank, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A., Inc. Visa is a registered trademark of Visa International Service Association. GO2bank also operates under the following registered trade names: Green Dot Bank, GoBank and Bonneville Bank. All of these registered trade names are used by, and refer to, a single FDIC-insured bank, Green Dot Bank. Deposits under any of these trade names are deposits with Green Dot Bank and are aggregated for deposit insurance coverage up to the allowable limits.
2 Incentive paid as long as IRS tax refund is loaded on to the GO2bank Visa® Debit Card. IRS tax refund deposit must be received by 5/31/23. $39.95 incentive paid by 6/30/23 for taxpayers with Fast Cash Advance and IRS-funded Refund Transfer loaded onto a GO2bank Visa® Debit Card. If enrolled through a service bureau, please check with bureau associate for details on incentive payment. Must be enrolled in the standard Refund Transfer program to qualify for standard pricing; all discount programs offered through TPG are subject to other pricing.