Please follow these instructions if you have been instructed to print checks from the TPG website
Complete the following process before you print a live check
Make sure to confirm the following:
- You are using either of the following preferred browsers (Chrome is preferred)
- You have disabled pop-up blockers or enabled pop-ups
- You have installed Adobe Acrobat Reader and can print pdf files
- Your check stock looks like the sample below (actual check color and upper check stub may change from year to year)
- Your printer is working and lined up correctly
- View this article for a list of other items to check
Print a test check
Begin by logging onto our website. If you have more than one office, multiple software providers or have signed up in multiple pay-by-refund programs you may need select the profile icon from the top right side of the page, and switch view to the account(s) that support check printing from the TPG website.
Select "Check Printing" from the left side navigation to navigate to the Check printing page. Select "Print a test check" from the main Check printing page.
Follow the instructions on the next page and insert current-year TPG check stock in your printer. Click the "Print a test check" button to continue.
A pdf will open in a new tab on your browser with a sample check that you will be prompted to print on check stock. Click the print button on your browser.
If you are using Chrome, make sure you have not selected “Fit to paper” and "Print on both sides" is unchecked, then click Print to continue.
If you are using Internet Explorer or Adobe Acrobat Reader, make sure the “Actual size” button is checked then click Print to continue.
After printing the test check you will confirm whether the check was printed successfully. You may reprint the check if it didn't print correctly. Click
Once you have successfully printed a test check click "Yes" and you will be returned to the main check printing page where you my begin printing live check(s).